Friday, August 7, 2015

Music "Rocks"


  • Rock- A genre of music typically involving 4-to-the-floor bass drums, hard hitting cymbals, a slammin' guitar riff, and an equivocal vocalist. 
  • Rock - A hard mineral found in the earth. (ex. Red Rocks)
Music rocks. Rocks are red. Red. Rocks. Red Rocks. Amphitheater?

I'm sorry if the above was too corny for your tastes but I just got off of a two-day "rock sesh" at Red Rocks. My first time ever and my second time ever was in the span of a few days. You can imagine the intensity. 
Red Rock's isn't only a place to see cool bands preform, nor is it the largest outdoor amphitheater in the world. (That goes to San Manuel Amphitheater in California)
What Red Rocks does that other venues I have been to do not do, is inspire. Each time I visited I felt as though there was this intensity mixed with wonder. A ubiquitous feeling of joy.

What's more, is that this was a very renewing experience for two reasons.
1. It was flipping Red Rocks. That place is just pure awesome.
2. It was something I finally got to experience after all these years of hearing about it. And I got to experience it literally days before I left for college. (At the time of this writing it is now only a measly 7 days before I am on the road to A&M)

So....yea.

That was cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment