Sunday, August 30, 2015

Dude....College

The food here is great. At most places. I could literally get Chick-fil-a every day if I wanted to, because my meal plan supports it. Swag. There is even a la carte items I can buy. Plus all the coffee stuff which I will discuss later. 

The people here are also great. I'll start with my dorm, which is insane. Walton dorm is housed to the crazy all-boys dorm of the Northside Texas A&M campus. It is amazing to see how open and kind these guys are, even with their apparent craziness. Walton also has a patio out front, with tables and grills. Everyone hangs out there all the time, playing Bones. (Which is a domino game similar to spades. very fun) Or heckling people. Whenever someone skates or rides by on a skateboard or bike, they all yell, "DO A TRICK!!" ... If the person makes any effort to do a trick, the guys go nuts. If not, they all yell, "YOUR TRICK SUCKS!!!"

rofl

Other people (i.e. everyone else) is also very friendly and open. I am constantly walking up to people and greeting them, and then starting convos. Some of them even become semi or real friends. One prime example of this is when I signed up for Fish Camp, and me and a few guys were talking about EDM. boom. I now hang with these guys all the time.

College is like this, a place for people to experience life together. Even though right now this week has been no classes and all events, I still feel overwhelmed with all there is to do. so many things. So many people. If there is one thing I've learned this past week, College isn't about why you're here, it's about what happens when you're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment