Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Bringer Part II

Part II
 
     I jolted out of my seat. Everyone’s head turned towards me. Every soul, except The Bringer’s. Does she even have a soul? Is she even human? She just sat there, staring into the unreachable galaxy. I couldn’t take it anymore, I turned towards The Bringer.

     “Are you kidding me? Who the heck are you? What is this place?"

     The Bringer didn’t move an inch, however when I raised my voice I saw her ears perk ever so slightly like a dog, so I know she heard me. I yelled even louder.

     “What are we all doing here? Are you actually going to kill us all? You psycho!"

     As soon as I started to enunciate that last word, her head reared ninety degrees towards me.

     She spoke in a strict voice, “Are you being disloyal to this cooperation? The Almighty frowns upon that.”

     “Who is this ‘Almighty’ your blabbering about?” I said.

     She responded,  “Speaking about The Almighty in that manner is punishable by termination.”  The Bringer finished and turned back stiffly to the window. My rage was encapsulated. There was so much confusion and hate for this person… this thing. 

     I swung as hard at I could right at her sinister grinning face. Nothing else mattered. Faster than a millisecond, The Bringer’s arm blocked my hit. I was dumbfounded. Such incredible speed and reflexes was impossible by any human I’ve seen. I let another fist fly. This time she grabbed it fully, and looked me dead in the eye. I couldn’t escape her grip. 

     She started raising her head closer to mine, and went to whisper in my ear.

     “Enjoy your stay.” 

     I went flying backwards. The Bringer had thrown me with such force that the wall welcomed me fully. Every part on my body hurt, and my vision hindered. At that moment she pushed back her chair and stood up, her glowing red eyes were even brighter than before. Almost blinding. 
     
     At that moment the dark table turned light. A siren screamed. The Bringer froze in her place and looked around in fear. Her hazel eyes were back in their place. I smiled.  

     No one was ready for what came next. Something fired through the glass window, coming from the galaxy. A blue beam of light jarred into the room, aiming right at The Bringer. Then, out of no where, a robotic voice said the following:

     “The Almighty's report is in. Subject Name: Macki, Code Area: The Bringer, Verdict: Not worthy. Submitting to termination in 3 … 2 …"
     
     Time was slowed. Nothing moved. That blue beam of light turned darker, and darker, then it started flashing. Just like a strobe light. 

     “…1.” 

     The Bringer closed her eyes. Wait. Just, wait. She was still standing. Her chest was still heaving in and out. Breaths. Fear. I could hear the pulsing of blood from over here in this wall. The blue beam was gone. The voice was no longer speaking, and The Bringer was still standing. 

     Then she fell to the floor.

     “Pardon me,” The robotic voice of The Almighty said, “this is rather shocking I know. Regardless, welcome to the cooperation."



 End of Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment