Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Bringer

Prologue
     I just wanted to proclaim that the following was based off of a dream I had. As all dreams show, it was hard to remember once I woke up. However I remembered just enough of that excellent dream to make me want to share it with you all. I took as much as my brain would remember and turned that into a somewhat followable two-part story that I hope you all enjoy. 
-Phillip

 Part I   
 
     I awoke in small room with a dark table in front of me. There was no recollection of me getting here at all. Around the table were twelve people, six on each side, just starting to wake up. Behind me and the row of people adjacent to me, was a black wall with a door. On the other side of the table was ... space. Not space like “oh, look at this stretching room” kind of space, but Andromeda space. The Andromeda Galaxy. I couldn’t believe it. This room seemed to exist among the vast nothingness of the universe. Seeing that unmistakable galaxy was the only familiarity I got, for I did not know why any of us were in this room. Or for that matter, how such a room could exist.  

     Of this rectangular table I was seated more to the left. The air was crisp but warm. Seated in the middle of the row I was in, facing the space window was a woman, who gave off an eerie vibe. Her golden hair was trickled with brown waves. The stars in the distance danced all over her stern gaze and hazel eyes. In front of where she was sitting a dim sign read, “The Bringer."

     I got the feeling that something terrible was just born. The Bringer didn’t speak to anyone, nor did anyone else dare talk. It was as if anyone made the slightest movement or acknowledgement of our setting that the bad things would begin. Then right then and there, she softly spoke.
 
     “Hello and Congrats. You have all now officially been indoctrinated into our cooperation,”
 
     There was when I noticed it. She wasn’t looking around or at anyone in particular, but rather dead forward, into the abyss of space. The reddish faint glow of gas clouds and the billions of white-hot stars shined down into the room. It was captivating, and apparently too much so for The Bringer.

     “… and with that comes a few guidelines. Number One: All workers will follow the handbook rules or risk being terminated."

     Suddenly a thin booklet materialized right in front of each of us. The cover saying;
 
Handbook
Caution! Breaking of any rules will result in termination.

     Murmuring began across the table. Probably about the origin and meaning of the mysterious “termination” looming over the room. The Bringer didn’t seem to notice, as she kept on.

     “Number Two: Any person who is not deemed worthy of gaining workers status, as determined by The Almighty, will be immediately terminated.” The Bringer broke her glance on the window for the very first time by quickly looking on a device on her wrist. She looked back up, and her eyes were completely different. What were once regular hazel colored eyes, now held a sickening red glow. A glow so evil it was worthy of hate.
 
     "The section process has now begun. In five minutes The Almighty will have deemed each and every one of you either worthy or not worthy. Good luck."

     The murmuring halted. The Bringer now placed her hands interlaced on the table, grinned, and was once again staring into the infinity that was the Andromeda Galaxy. 



 End of Part I   

No comments:

Post a Comment